MOROCCO TOWN COUNCIL
August 6, 2019
Bob Gonczy opened the meeting at 7:00 P.M. Board Members present were Scott Hivley, Duke Gagnon and Treasurer Sherri Rainford and Town Employee Casey Ehlinger.
Turning Change into Opportunity
- Community Crossroads Grant- We will have a preconstruction meeting with Walsh & Kelly next Wednesday, August 14.
- Nipsco project will be completed within the next 10 days.
- Bob placed signs saying “Adopt this spot. We are hoping that groups or individuals adopt spots around town to maintain. We have had two people contact the Town Hall already.
- Scott made a motion for FJF Services to do required maintence for the cost of $1200. Duke seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
- Aaron presented a report to the Board.
- Casey will resign effective August 30, 2019. Scott made a motion to accept his resignation and Duke seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
Clerk Treasurer’s Report
- Duke made a motion to approve the July claims and Scott seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
- Duke made a motion to approve the July 5, 2019 minutes. Scott seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
Street Department – Casey
- Lots of clean up from the storm.
- Seeding tomorrow
- Thursday we are drying out the beds at the sewer plant.
Town Marshal- Report to be submitted
- Report submitted
Town Attorney: (Becky Goddard)
Chalos house is cleaned up.
We will release the lien on Molden house and pay the tax payment. Becky will contact the Treasurer’s office and have them send me a bill.
Scott will contact Mike Rieck and find out about his intentions with cleaning up his property.
NN Athletic Department is asking for a donation. Duke made a motion to donate $500. Scott seconded. Motion passed 2-1.
The Newton County Sheriff’s Office is asking for a donation for a K9 dog and training. No Board action was taken.
Next meeting is on Tuesday, September 3, 2019
____________________ ___________________ _______________
Robert Gonczy Duke Gagnon Scott Hivley