MOROCCO TOWN COUNCIL
September 5, 2017
Bob Gonczy opened the meeting at 7:00 P.M. Board Members present are Rick McCann, Duke Gagnon and Clerk Treasurer Sherri Rainford were also present. Town Marshal Dustin Gary was also in attendance.
Turning Change into Opportunity
- Prior to the meeting there was a public presentation. A new business is coming on Polk St. The business is called US Rubber Company. There will be an Economic Development meeting on Monday, September 11, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. to sit down and further talk.
- A public hearing was opened at 7:01p.m. on the 2018 Budget for both the Conservancy and the Town. There was no public comment. Duke made a motion to close the hearing. Bob seconded. Hearing was closed at 7:02p.m.
- Don Hoesktra from Republic came and presented the Board with a contract extension. There were two options presented. Duke made a motion for option 1. Rick seconded. Motion passed 3-0. A copy of this contact is being made a part of these minutes.
- MCO presented the Board with a monthly report.
- Motion to create two new funds that will have Sherri be able to transfer monthly from Sewer Operating into Sewer Bond and Interest. Duke made the motion and Rick seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
Clerk Treasurer: (Sherri Rainford)
- Duke made a motion to approve the August claims. Bob seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
- Rick made a motion to approve the minutes from the August meeting. Duke seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
- Report to be submitted.
Town Attorney: (Pat Ryan)
- The Board asked Pat where we are on the properties (in Morocco) that the County had up for tax sale. Pat will be looking into this.
- Pat wants to transition Becky Goddard to be our new town attorney. Jacob and Becky will attend the meetings together until the transition is completed.
- Pat would like to see an agenda of what his office needs to be completed each month.
Next meeting is on Tuesday, October 3, 2017.
____________________ ___________________ _______________
Robert Gonczy Rick McCann Duke Gagnon