MOROCCO TOWN COUNCIL
October 3, 2017
Bob Gonczy opened the meeting at 7:00 P.M. Board Members present are Duke Gagnon and Clerk Treasurer Sherri Rainford were also present. Town Marshal Dustin Gary was also in attendance.
Turning Change into Opportunity
- MCO presented the Board with a monthly report.
- Shawn Cain from KIRPC attended the meeting. The Town paid FJF $10,000. According to KIRPC that claim should have been paid out of grants funds. The Town will either have to wait until FJF submits what forms are needed or do we want to close the grant out and walk away from the $5200. The Board will allow Shawn to reach out to FJF and report back at the next meeting.
- The painting party in Recher Park went great. We had lots of people come and help. The Town provided food for all workers.
- We installed a new piece of equipment at the park and the trolley piece has been fixed. The River Church wants to replace the wood on the Merry Go Round.
- Kessler Park has two new trees. They are weeping cherry trees.
- We want to take the water fountain from Down Town and put it at Kessler Park.
- Met with Henn and Sons for a drawing on the new Town Hall.
- We posted a Street Superintendent job internally for 10 days.
- Halloween hours are Tuesday, October 31 from 5-7p.m.
- Behind the Jumpy Mans we have bricks and old sidewalk. Casey is going to contact the County to see if they can crush it for us.
- Maybe we can drop some more dirt on the sledding hill. Possibly get the Community Service to pick up the rocks.
Clerk Treasurer: (Sherri Rainford)
- Duke made a motion to approve the September claims. Bob seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
- Duke made a motion to approve the minutes from the September meeting. Bob seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
- Sherri asked the Board to adopt the 2018 Conservancy and Town Board budget. Duke made a motion to adopt and Duke seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
- Report to be submitted.
Town Attorney: (Becky Goddard)
- Becky is working on the four properties that the Town wants. Becky is going to draft a resolution for the County to sign. Pat will take to the next Council meeting for signatures. Then the Town will do a mirror resolution, then title work then deeds.
- The Town was served in a foreclosure of the Walstra property. We will lien for what is owned and get it recorded. So we can get our money.
Next meeting is on Tuesday, November 7, 2017.
____________________ ___________________ _______________
Robert Gonczy Rick McCann Duke Gagnon