MOROCCO TOWN COUNCIL
April 3, 2018
Bob Gonczy opened the meeting at 7:00 P.M. Board Members present were Bob Gonczy, Rick McCann, Duke Gagnon and Clerk Treasurer Sherri Rainford. Town Marshal Dustin Gary was also in attendance and Casey Ehlinger.
Turning Change into Opportunity
- Easter Egg Hunt- Park looked really good. Dustin started it.
- Beaver Fest- Next meeting is April 9.
- Town Wide Clean up- Dumpsters are ordered. We will have a dumpster just for scrap.
- Trees, Sidewalks and Roads- Bob have 3 trees on his radar. Gary Wiseman will give quotes. Bob and Sherri and applying for a grant. Our idea is to do a fountain at Betty Kessler Park and have Dennis cement it.
- MCO Report- A copy of the report is being made a part of these minutes.
Clerk Treasurer: (Sherri Rainford)
- Rick made a motion to approve the March claims. Duke seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
- Rick made a motion to approve the minutes from the March meeting. Duke seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
- Working on landscaping at Recher Park.
- Cleaning the beds at the Sewer Plant.
- Report to be submitted.
Town Attorney: (Becky Goddard)
Fireworks Company is looking for tax abatement. They will be coming to Economic Development on May 1. Becky suggested they give the Board a proposal ahead of time.
Rick is meeting with the Head of the County Highway. The County wants to give us Michigan Ave.
Properties from the Commissioners- Paperwork at the court will be available after August 6, 2018.
Becky received a letter from Sandra Riley’s attorney. Becky will draft a letter saying the Town is interested in acquiring the building.
Rick made a motion to give Morocco Baseball League a donation of $500. Duke seconded. Motion passed 3-0
Karen Williams asked for $500 for the First United Methodist Bible School. Rick made a motion and Duke seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
Next meeting is on Tuesday, May 1, 2018.
____________________ ___________________ _______________
Robert Gonczy Rick McCann Duke Gagnon