MOROCCO TOWN COUNCIL
April 2, 2019
Bob Gonczy opened the meeting at 7:00 P.M. Board Members present were Scott Hivley, and Treasurer Sherri Rainford. Town employees, Casey Ehlinger, and Dustin Gary were also in attendance.
Turning Change into Opportunity
- Community Crossroads Grant- Bob contacted Matt Kieser about the grant. The Board recommends that the $106,000 come from the MVH restricted fund. This would include the June draw.
- The Wastewater Grant income surveys are coming in. We will have a public hearing on April 15, 2019 at 5:00p.m.
- US Rubber tax abatement- We have a public hearing on April 8, 2019 at 7:00p.m. The NN School Corporation’s Attorney and Treasurer have called the office with concerns on the tax abatement.
- Blighted Property Grant- KIRPC is coming on April 15 to talk about the grant.
- MCO’s report is being made a part of these minutes.
- Town Wide Clean-up is Saturday, May 4. Sherri has ordered dumpsters.
- Betty Kessler Park- There will be a celebration of Harriet Webb’s life on May 11, 2019. The fence still needs fixed or replaced.
- Scott made a motion to purchase a Bobcat. The Conservancy is paying 1/3 and the Sewer is paying 2/3. Bob seconded. Motion passed 2-0. MVH is paying for the street sweeper and the snow pusher and stump grinder.
- A brick needs replaced at the sewer plant. We also have a quote from Gaskill and Walton for an airline at the sewer plant. Randy is going to get us a few more quotes. Bob also wants the sandbags removed and claps installed.
Clerk Treasurer’s Report
- Scott made a motion to approve the March claims and Scott seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
- Scott made a motion to approve the March minutes. Bob second. Motion passed 2-0.
- Scott made a motion to approve the March Special meeting minutes. Bob seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
Street Department – Casey
- Terry Equipment from Winamac was $5200 for a salt spreader. Scott made a motion to purchase the salt spreader and Bob seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
- New tiles in Town Hall finished.
Town Marshal- Report to be submitted
- Report submitted
Town Attorney: (Becky Goddard)
- We own three properties now. Mortenson, Monetmayer, and Menn. Becky is finalizing the Kennedy property.
- Molden Property- Bob made motion Scott seconded.
- Michael Rieck- Becky did a title search on the property. There is no recorded mortgage. Becky will start the process for him to clean up the property.
The NN Honor Society thanked us for our $200 donation for the Special Olympics.
Scott made a motion to donate $250 to the Wyatt Hoaks Memorial Scholarship Fund. Bob seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
Next meeting is on Tuesday, May 7, 2019
____________________ ___________________ _______________
Robert Gonczy Duke Gagnon Scott Hivley