MOROCCO TOWN COUNCIL
April 6, 2021
The Morocco Town Council met on April 6, 2021. In attendance were Bob Gonczy, Scott Hivley, Duke Gagnon, and Sherri Rainford. Also, in attendance was Dustin Gary, Town Marshal, and Street Superintendent Brian Vanderwall.
- Cold Storage Building- Brian presented the board with a quote of $3500 for doors.
- Town Wide Cleanup Day is May 1. Sherri has ordered dumpsters. The Board asked Brian to come up with a plan for workers.
- The new police truck is in Lafayette getting graphics put on. Dustin asked the Board for $130 for black rims for the new truck.
- The Easter Egg was a huge success. We had a great turnout and lots of help.
- Brian asked the Board if he could hire two part time mowers for the spring/summer. Scott made a motion to hire two mowers and Bob seconded. Motion passed 2-1.
- Bob passed out a point of contact list for everyone. We went through the list and discussed. A copy of this list is being made a part of the minutes.
- Bob passed out the 2021 AIM Elected Officials Handbook to each board member. It has a lot of useful information.
- Bob made a motion to approve the minutes and claims from March. Scott seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
Dustin had questions on the Town’s nuisance Ordinance. He asked for direction on two-mile buffer vehicle tagging. The Board told him if we have complaints then we need to address them. Dustin has started contacting people about their expired and uninsured vehicles.
A report was made a part of these minutes.
A report is being made a part of these minutes.
Attorney: Becky Goddard
Next month Wholesome Hide will be here asking for a tax abatement.
We need to do a title search on 705 E. State St. Duke made a motion to accept the release of claims pending the receipt of a clean title. Scott seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
Becky presented the board with the covenants for the new subdivision on West St. Bob will meet with Tim Myers tomorrow.
The board signed the purchase agreement for the bakery.
Becky presented the Board with an ordinance for solar wind panels. The state is trying to take control on making all decisions regarding them. Bob made a motion to accept ordinance 4-6-2101 and Scott seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
Cory Hillis president of the Utility Board attended the meeting. He made a recommendation to the Board to have Greg Willis replace Sam Davis on the Utility Board. Bob made a motion to accept the Utility Boards recommendation and Duke seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
Dustin sked for $3000 for the Morocco Beaver Fest. The Board said we would match what Beaver Township is giving up to $3000.
Next meeting is May 4, 2021.
____________________ ___________________ _______________
Robert Gonczy Duke Gagnon Scott Hivley