MOROCCO TOWN COUNCIL
August 15, 2018
Bob Gonczy opened the meeting at 7:00 P.M. Board Members present were Rick McCann Duke Gagnon, Clerk Treasurer Sherri Rainford. Town employees, Casey Ehlinger , Melissa Pass, and Dustin Gary were also in attendance. Also in coming Town Board Member Scott Hivley was in attendance.
Turning Change into Opportunity
- MCO Report- A copy of the report is being made a part of these minutes.
- Town of Morocco held its Convention last night. All six candidates were very positive. Rick has chosen not to run. Scott Hively will be our new Board member on 1/1/19. The Board thanked Melissa for all her hard work on the Convention.
- Today we planted a tree in Kessler Park in memory of Harriet Hively Webb. The family will let us know when they would like a dedication.
- Community Crossroads Grant- It is for the 2019 paving Budget. Rick feels like we just do patch work for now. Then encumber our 2018 paving to be used for 2019 grant match. We can do much more paving that way.
- Bob attended a KIRPC executive meeting. We have submitted a proposal for a grant that would repair and paint the water tower. A copy of Bob’s letter that was sent to KIRPC is being made a part of these minutes. A public hearing for this grant is being held at the September 4, 2018 Board Meeting. This grant requires a 20% local match, which we have in the water town repair fund.
- Bob and Sherri will go through the employee handbook and then sit down with employees for a review.
- Duke made a motion for Rick to approve a high service pump up to $10,000. Bob seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
Clerk Treasurer: (Sherri Rainford)
- Rick made a motion to approve the July claims. Duke seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
- Rick made a motion to approve the minutes from the July meeting. Duke seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
- We will have a public hearing for both Conservancy and Town Board 2019 Budget at the September 2019 meeting.
- Cold Patching on Atkinson.
- Painting meter lids for easy access.
- Awaiting maps form MCO for exercising valves.
- Water leak at Mrs. Janet Storey. We think it is the copper line. We will be digging.
- Report to be submitted.
- There was a theft at the Morocco Car Wash.
Town Attorney: (Becky Goddard)
- Becky presented me a bill from the Newton County Title Company for the title services that were performed for the houses that the Town wants to acquire.
- Becky asked for an update on the Walter’s house. Dustin said that they are working on the house. There was a fire in June.
William Oliver on State St. attended the meeting. They had questions on driving a gator in town. Becky brought some information on golf carts and off road vehicles. Becky brought the State statutes to the meeting with other Town’s Ordinance examples. Bob asked that we sit down with Dustin and come up with a compromise.
Next meeting is on Tuesday, September 4, 2018.
____________________ ___________________ _______________
Robert Gonczy Rick McCann Duke Gagnon