MOROCCO TOWN COUNCIL
December 4, 2018
Bob Gonczy opened the meeting at 7:00 P.M. Board Members present were Rick McCann, Duke Gagnon and Utility Clerk Melissa Pass. Town employees, Casey Ehlinger, Allen Banister, and Dustin Gary were also in attendance.
Turning Change into Opportunity
- MCO report- Being made a part of these minutes.
- Rick makes a motion to up the bid approval from $10,000 to $12,000 for the new high speed service pump. Duke seconded. Motion passes 3-0. Rick will follow up with details to make sure pump is taken care of.
- Rick makes a motion to order parts from Evapar for sewer plant. When yearly maintence is due they will fix then.
- Bob stated: MCO has been extremely helpful and the town is extremely grateful for all that they go above and beyond for the good of the town.
- Had meeting with Gerry White and Edwin on OCRA Waste Water application. The application looks like we are going to score very well.
- Community Crossroads grant was denied. Hoping for the second round to get picked.
- Duke made motion to pay duct work on orchard lane.
- Rick seconded, motion passes 3-0
- Sarah Snell wanted to thank the guys for all the help with picking up her trees when Morocco had that bad wind storm.
- Town of Morocco election procedure to be tabled to next meeting due to no attorney at meeting.
- Golf cart ordinance to be tabled until next meeting due to no attorney at meeting.
Clerk Treasurer: (Sherri Rainford)
- Bob made a motion to approve the November claims. Rick seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
- Rick made a motion to approve the minutes from the November meeting. Duke seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
- Bob made motion to approve salary ordinance. Rick seconded. Motion passes 3-0.
- Duke made a motion to give all employees a $200 bonus. Bob seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
Street Department – Casey
- Tree went up great
- Lights went up great
- Water meter marked with blue flags
- Working on town benches
- Shop bathroom floor needs replaced
Town Marshal- Report to be submitted.
- Report submitted
Town Attorney: (Becky Goddard)
Planning Commission (David Hoaks)
- Weekend Backpack Food Program
- Rick made motion to give $200, Duke seconded. Motion passes 3-0
- Santa Chefs
- Rick made a motion to give $800, Duke seconded. Motion passes 3-0
- Angel Tree
- Rick made a motion to give $500, Duke seconded. Motion passes 3-0
Next meeting is on Wednesday, January 2, 2019
____________________ ___________________ _______________
Robert Gonczy Duke Gagnon Scott Hivley