MOROCCO TOWN COUNCIL
February 7, 2017
Bob Gonczy opened the meeting at 7:00 P.M. Board Members present are Duke Gagnon and Clerk Treasurer Sherri Rainford was also present.
Turning Change Into Opportunity
- Randy submitted a report from MCO. A part of that report is being made a part of these minutes.
- Randy is asking for approval of a claim for a saddle tap for $138.25. Duke made a motion to pay the claim and Bob seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
- Tank cleaning quotes. FJF for $10,000 and Acu-Dig $17,000. Bob recommends that we enter into an agreement with FJF services for tank cleaning for $10,000.
- 3 actuator valves are needed at the sewer plant $408 each. A total of $1224. Duke made a motion to purchase and Duke seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
- Bob made a motion to purchase second DO meter at $2800. Duke seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
- Bob contacted Nipsco and turned in the application for the back up generator at 506 E. Washington.
Clerk Treasurer: (Sherri Rainford)
- Duke made a motion to approve the January claims. Bob seconded. Motion passed 2-0
- Duke made a motion to approve the minutes from the January meeting. Bob seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
- Sherri asked the Board for approval of two claims for the sewer grant project.
Duke made a motion to pay the claims. Bob seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
- We had our exit interview with the SBOA today. There are several issues that Jacob needs to get done for us. Sherri compiled a list and Jacob has the list.
- Report to be submitted.
- We looked up a junk ordinance. Dustin wants to know what he can do to enforce this ordinance.
- Dustin wants to start a neighborhood watch program.
Town Attorney: (Jacob Taulman)
- Jacob presented the Board an amended portable building Ordinance. Duke made a motion to accept the Ordinance and Bob seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
- Jacob presented a list of homes that are up for tax sale.
Planning Commission (Mike Williamson)
- Planning Commission is recommending a time line of 5 days for the building commissioner to reach out to the applicant. The Town Board thinks that 3 business days is sufficient to make contact.
- The NNCS building that is empty needs addressed. Jacob will send a letter of concern about the building.
- Contact the owner of the old Morocco Hotel and advise them that the building is unsafe. Jacob will send a letter to the owner.
- Want to Board to move forward on the old Castongia building. It is in bad shape. The roof has blown off. The Board will ask David to follow up.
- The Newton County Economic Development is asking the Town to commit up to $500 for a video of Morocco. Duke made a motion to commit to $500 Bob seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
- The house that is on 202 W. College St. that Shaun Wynn manages is having drainage issues. We will look into it and see what the problem is.
Next meeting is on Tuesday, March 7, 2017.
____________________ ___________________ _______________
Robert Gonczy Rick McCann Duke Gagnon