MOROCCO TOWN COUNCIL
February 5, 2019
Bob Gonczy opened the meeting at 7:00 P.M. Board Members present were Scott Hivley, Duke Gagnon and Treasurer Sherri Rainford. Town employees, Casey Ehlinger, and Dustin Gary were also in attendance.
Turning Change into Opportunity
- MCO report is being made a part of these minutes. MCO is recommending that we replace some lift stations or rebuild them. Scott is going to get with Aaron and get more information before proceeding.
- We had an Economic Development meeting with the US Rubber Company. They are asking for tax abatement. The Board wants to see a business plan with and an appraisal of the equipment. Bob referred them to our attorney.
- Community Crossroad Grant has been resubmitted.
- Wastewater Grant review is this Thursday with Gerry White and Edwin Buswell.
- Jumpy Mans wanted to discharge a compound in the sewer system. IDEM does not think this is a good idea. The Board will draft a letter and get it to Rick Lindlow.
- Work One approached the Town about letting a young man work for the Town. This is at no cost to the Town. We will have him do odd jobs around Town. Duke and Sherri will get together and give him a formal interview.
- Bob met with Michael Pilch from Nipsco on some street lights. This would improve our lights on State St from Lincoln to Clay. He is going to come up with a plan and get back to us.
Clerk Treasurer: (Sherri Rainford)
- Duke made a motion to approve the January claims. Scott seconded. Motion passed 3-0. Duke made a motion to approve the minutes from the January meeting. Scott seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
- Sherri asked Becky and the Board if we wanted to go away from the Town Convention at Election time or go to the County’s election timeline. Duke made a motion to table the discussion and Scott seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
- Duke made a motion to accept the January minutes and Scott seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
Street Department – Casey
- Lots of snow removal.
- Ordered 4 new tires for truck
- Prices on new salt spreader
Town Marshal- Report to be submitted.
- Report submitted
Town Attorney: (Becky Goddard)
- Sherri needs to sign an affidavit of nonmilitary on the Molden Property.
- Still working on getting the Old Hotel.
- We will be filing with the court and asking for the deeds for the Menn, Mortenson, and Montemayer properties.
- When Becky started we talked about the nuisance properties in Town, Becky would like for us to gather a list of homes that we would like to have cleaned up.
Mrs. Sherri Cripe, Principal at Morocco Elementary School attended the meeting. She is asking for a donation for the North Newton 6th grade trip to Camp Tecumseh. She is asking for a donation of $1,000. Bob Gonczy attended the trip a few years ago and really enjoyed it. Duke made a motion to donate $1000. Scott seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
Morocco Youth Bowlers are asking for a donation for state for $684 paid directly to the State. Duke made a motion to donate $684 and Scott second. Motion passed 3-0.
Spartan Babe Ruth asked for a donation of $150. Scott made a motion to donate and Duke seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
North Newton track asked for a donation of $663.19 for T-shirts. Duke made a motion to donate and Scott second. Motion passed 3-0.
Next meeting is on Tuesday, March 5, 2019
____________________ ___________________ _______________
Robert Gonczy Duke Gagnon Scott Hivley