MOROCCO TOWN COUNCIL
January 3, 2017
Bob Gonczy opened the meeting at 7:00 P.M. Board Members present are Duke Gagnon and Rick McCann. Clerk Treasurer Sherri Rainford was also present.
Turning Change Into Opportunity
- Duke made a motion to appoint Rick to the KIRPC Board. Bob seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
- Shawn Cain from KIRPC attended the meeting. We are now ready to submit a claim that will be paid for through the CDBG funds. Sherri will submit the claim form to have the funds deposited into the Grant account. Sherri will also have to go set up a noninterest account at the bank that will hold the retainage. The retainage amount is $4506.25.
- Shawn asked Randy how things are going with the project. Randy stated that the structure is up, some electrical is done.
Clerk Treasurer: (Sherri Rainford)
- Rick made a motion to approve the December claims. Duke seconded. Motion passed 3-0
- Rick made a motion to approve the minutes from the December meeting. Duke seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
- Bob came up and talked to the auditor today. The projected cost is $25,000. It is a 4 year audit. They hope to be done by January 15.
- Report to be submitted.
Town Attorney: (Jacob Taulman)
The auditors had talked to Bob about a few things that we need to get done. One is for Jacob to draft a Resolution giving the Clerk the authority to pay certain claims before the Board meetings. Jacob will work on that and have something by next meeting.
The second was the water transfers. Rick made the motion giving Sherri the authority to transfer up to $3000 to annual maintenance and water tower repair as needed. Duke seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
Rick made a motion to amend the Portable Shed Ordinance to no larger than 12x16. Duke seconded. Motion passed 3-0. Jacob will have something for the Board to sign at the next meeting
County and Commissioners Deed- Jacob will be getting a list of abandon properties that the County owns and will forward it to the Board.
The third thing we need to work on is a good back up for our data. In case of a disaster or a computer crash.
Planning Commission (No report given)
- Duke will attend the next Planning Commission meeting to discuss a time line for permits to be issued.
Randy Decker from MCO attended the meeting and a report is being made a part of these minutes.
Bob will contact Tim Braun to discuss possible issues that are outside of the bidding specks:
1. Replacing the grinder with screens.
2. Tank Cleaning to include two outside tanks at 45,000 gallons and a center tank of $63,000. (There is a bid for $17,000)
3. Reroute of liquid to surge tank.
- Donation request:
Morocco Preschool- $500
- Bob met with Dr. Ibecki . There are two counselors that are interested in coming to Morocco. The Board will set up a meeting with Dr. Ibecki and the counselors.
- We are looking into making a walking path that would extend from the elementary school to the Library, on the south side of College.
Next meeting is on Tuesday, February 7, 2017.
____________________ ___________________ _______________
Robert Gonczy Rick McCann Duke Gagnon