MOROCCO TOWN COUNCIL
December 5, 2017
Bob Gonczy opened the meeting at 7:00 P.M. Board Members present were Bob Gonczy, Rick McCann, and Clerk Treasurer Sherri Rainford. Town Marshal Dustin Gary was also in attendance and Casey Ehlinger.
Turning Change into Opportunity
- MCO presented the Board with a monthly report.
- IDEM Inspection was last week. We need to fix a couple of things. A copy of the letter is being made a part of these minutes. Aaron is working on getting the problems fixed. IDEM has asked the Board for an action plan.
- MCO Contract- Rick made a motion to accept the MCO contract. Bob seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
- Bob made a motion to give Melissa, Casey, Dustin, Allan, and Casey a bonus of $200. This is for the extra work that was done getting ready for Christmas. Duke seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
Clerk Treasurer: (Sherri Rainford)
- Rick made a motion to approve the November claims. Bob seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
- Rick made a motion to approve the minutes from the November meeting. Bob seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
- Rick made a motion to approve the 2018 Salary Ordinance. It is mirrored to the 2017 Ordinance. Bob seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
- Report to be submitted.
Town Attorney: (Becky Goddard)
- The Town got a Resolution from TV Cable. They have sold out to the Northwest Indiana Telephone Company. Becky has changed one thing. Rick made a motion to approve resolution 12-5-2017. Bob seconded. Motion passed 2-0. This resolution keeps things the same as with TV Cable.
- Our attorney presented us with a nuisance ordinance. This mirrors the County’s. The Board agreed to table this until next month.
Angel Tree- $500
Morocco Angel Tree- $800
North Newton Student Holiday Convocation- Not to exceed $250
Rick made a motion to approve the donations. Bob seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
Next meeting is on Tuesday, January 9, 2018.
____________________ ___________________ _______________
Robert Gonczy Rick McCann Duke Gagnon