MOROCCO TOWN COUNCIL
January 8, 2019
Bob Gonczy opened the meeting at 7:00 P.M. Board Members present were Scott Hivley, Duke Gagnon and Treasurer Sherri Rainford. Town employees, Casey Ehlinger, and Dustin Gary were also in attendance.
Turning Change into Opportunity
- Jim and Karen Hough came to the meeting and Sherri read a letter that they had written. Their rental property was broken in to on December 5. Office Dustin Gary retrieved their property. They were very appreciative. The Board thanked Dustin for his hard work. The letter is being mad a part of these minutes. John would like to set up an Economic Development meeting. He also needs a letter of support for the State of Indiana. Duke asked about the smell and the noise. John said that will not be a factor.
- John K came to the meeting and introduced himself to the Board. He has taken over operations at the US Rubber Company. He is hoping to be fully running by March. He is hoping to employ 20 people. John would like to set up a Morocco Economic Development meeting. He also needs a letter of support for the State of Indiana. Duke asked about the smell and the noise. John said that will not be a factor. The date of the meeting will be on Tuesday at 5:00 at the Government Center.
- Tim Myers for the Newton County Economic Development attended the meeting. He wanted to talk to the Board about the Historical Roadside Marker that we help purchased. The State of Indiana wants to give our community some advertising on the dedication of the marker. The marker will be placed at the Scott Lucas House. Tim would like to plan something and have a reception at the Scott Lucas House.
- MCO report- Being made a part of these minutes.
- Employee Handbook- Duke made a motion to accept the Handbook as submitted. Scott seconded. The Board will meet with the employees and go over the handbook.
- Community Crossroads Grant- Will be resubmitted this week. We need to encumber the 2018 paving money.
- The OCRA grant will be decided next Thursday, January 17.
- KIRPC Board Appointment- Table until next meeting.
Clerk Treasurer: (Sherri Rainford)
- Duke made a motion to approve the December claims. Scott seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
- Duke made a motion to approve the minutes from the December meeting. Scott seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
Street Department – Casey
- True green submitted a proposal. Duke is going to get a second bid.
- We are doing new tiles for the Town Hall ceiling.
- Finished the picnic tables for Recher Park.
- Remodeled the shop bathroom.
- Christmas lights and tree are down. We need larger ornaments.
- Three quotes for tires for the pick-up truck. The Board approved up to $1200 for new truck tires.
Town Marshal- Report to be submitted.
- Report submitted
Town Attorney: (Becky Goddard)
- Resoltion that Sherri can pay bills.
- 2018 Mileage rate
- Neoptism Police
- Golf Cart Ordinance that was tabled in November. What have we decided? Bob tabled it and we will revisit when we do the employee handbook.
- We will be moving forward on a default judgment on the Molden House.
- Tax Certificate Properties- They are moving along. The Kennedy property has some issued with the title work.
- Morocco Preschool would like a donation for their spaghetti supper. Duke made a motion to donate $500. Scott seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
Next meeting is on Tuesday, February 5, 2019
____________________ ___________________ _______________
Robert Gonczy Duke Gagnon Scott Hivley