MOROCCO TOWN COUNCIL
January 7, 2019
Bob Gonczy opened the meeting at 7:00 P.M. Board Members present were Duke Gagnon, Scott Hivley, Treasurer Sherri Rainford, Dustin Gary and Town Employee Brian Vanderwall was also in attendance.
Turning Change into Opportunity
- Masonic Lodge- Becky is working on title work and will bring back to next meeting for the Board to look over.
- Water Tower Project- Bob met with Dixson Engineering we are thinking on adding the safety equipment back.
- Bob made a motion to have KIRPC be our Grant Administrator for the water tower project. Scott seconded. Motion passed 3-0,
- Uptown light project- Bob met with Tim Plash from Nico. He talked about an uptown lighting project.
- Blight Grant- We has hired Ken Smith. We will have the appraisals done this month.
- Tim Myers from Newton County Economic Development presented the Board with a check for the Town Hall and 206 E State St and the 3 lots east of 206.
Clerk Treasurer’s Report
- Scott made a motion to approve the December claims and Duke seconded. Motion passed 3-0. Scott made a motion to approve the December, 2019 minutes and the. Duke seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
Town Marshal- Report to be submitted
- Report submitted
Town Attorney: (Becky Goddard)
Mileage Rate Ordinance- Duke made a motion to accept mileage rate Ordinace.Scott seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
Resolution- Duke made a motion to accept mileage rate Ordinace.Scott seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
Nep Certifaction - Duke made a motion to accept mileage rate Ordinace.Scott seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
Donation request for the Morocco Preschool $500
Bob made a motion to donate around $600 to the American Legion Bowling Alley. Duke seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
____________________ ___________________ _______________
Robert Gonczy Duke Gagnon Scott Hivley