MOROCCO TOWN COUNCIL
January 5, 2021
The Morocco Town Council met on January 5, 2021. In attendance were Bob Gonczy, Duke Gagnon, Scott Hivley, and Sherri Rainford. Also, in attendance was Dustin Gary Street Superintendent Brian Vanderwall.
- We opened the meeting reflecting on 2020. The Board accomplished a lot. We completed the water town project, moved the Town Hall, did a lot of paving, bought the Masonic Lodge, and tore down the old hotel.
- Bob is going to contact Baker Tilley on doing a rate study.
- Scott made a motion to enter the 2021 Fire Contract with Beaver Township. Duke seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
- Duke made a motion to keep Bob as the 2021 KIRPC appointment. Scott seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
- The US Rubber Company has not been paying their water bill. The Board advised Sherri to lien the property.
- Duke made a motion to have Bob be the lead on the Community Crossing Grant. Scott seconded. Motion passed 3-0. Bob will have the authority to sign any and all documents for this project.
- Bob made a motion to approve the minutes and claims from December. Scott seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
A report was made a part of these minutes.
The new truck has been ordered.
A report is being made a part of these minutes.
Attorney: Becky Goddard
The Board approved ordinance 2021-1. This is the new mileage rate for 2021.
The Board approved ordinance 2021-2. This is for Sherri to pay the bills.
Becky also had the Board sign new nepotism policies.
Becky is working on negotiating the property at 705 E. State St. This is a property that needs torn down.
Duke made a motion to transfer the Old Hotel from the Town to the Morocco Economic Development. Scott seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
The Principal at the grade school asked for donation for the school backpack program. Duke made a motion to donate $250 and Scott seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
Next meeting is February 2, 2021.
____________________ ___________________ _______________
Robert Gonczy Duke Gagnon Scott Hivley