MOROCCO TOWN COUNCIL
July 11, 2017
Bob Gonczy opened the meeting at 4:00 P.M. Board Members present are Rick McCann, Clerk Treasurer Sherri Rainford was also present. Town Marshal Dustin Gary was also in attendance.
Turning Change Into Opportunity
- Bob introduced the proposed Bond Ordinance on first reading on the refinancing of the outstanding sewer bonds of the Town.
- Dennis Otten from Bose, McKinney, and Evans, attended the meeting in regards to the refinance of the Sewer Bonds the board needs to pass the Bond Ordinance. Landon Bane from Hilliard Lyons, also attended the meeting. He went through the refinance process with the Board. Damon T from Cender and Cender also attended the meeting. Damon suggested that we need to raise the rates every couple of years.
- Rick made a motion to suspend any local rules and that unanimous consent of the members present be given for consideration of the Bond Ordinance for adoption at this meeting. Bob seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
- Rick then moved for final action on the Bond Ordinance by the adoption thereof at this meeting. Bob second. Motion passed 2-0 and Rick announced the Bond Ordinance had been adopted.
- Rick made a motion to sign into an agreement with Hilliard and Lyons. Bob seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
- Bose, McKinney, and Evans presented their contacted and it was approved and signed.
- Friends of the Park will start spraying the park soon.
- Bob opened the meeting by recognizing the Morocco Homecoming for all their hard work in making the Morocco Homecoming a great success. Members include: Dave Clements, Kelly Clark, Alyssia Nyberg, Kevin Knight, Bev Bingham, Mindy Mathis, Pastor Wayne Parsons, and Dawn Sutton.
Clerk Treasurer: (Sherri Rainford)
- Rick made a motion to approve the June claims. Bob seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
- Bob made a motion to approve the minutes from the June meeting. Bob seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
- Report to be submitted.
Town Attorney: (Jacob Taulman)
The Town has acquired several properties from the Newton County Commissioners. We have had several residents that are interested in buying them. Jacob will come back to the August meeting with more information.
Resident Brenda Lunquist sent the Board a letter about a property located at 605 S. Main St. The house has animals going in and out of it. It is a health hazard and a safety hazard. A copy of this letter is being made part of these minutes. We have a town resident that is interested in buying it. After he purchases the property it will be torn down.
Next meeting is on Tuesday, August 1, 2017.
____________________ ___________________ _______________
Robert Gonczy Rick McCann Duke Gagnon