MOROCCO TOWN COUNCIL
July 3, 2018
Rick McCann opened the meeting at 6:00 P.M. Board Members present were Duke Gagnon, Clerk Treasurer Sherri Rainford, Casey Ehlinger and Dustin Gary.
Turning Change into Opportunity
- MCO Report- A copy of the report is being made a part of these minutes.
- Aaron would like to have FJF come out and clean the lift stations. The cost is $1600. Rick made a motion to have FJF come out. Duke seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
- We need a new air compressor pump. Rick made a motion to get the compressor up to $1300. Duke seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
- We need six valves replaced at the sewer plant for the drying beds. Arron would like to go with Utility Supply quote in the amount of $3630.00. Rick made a motion to accept the Utility Supply quote and Duke seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
Clerk Treasurer: (Sherri Rainford)
- Duke made a motion to approve the June claims. Rick seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
- Duke made a motion to approve the minutes from the June meeting. Rick seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
- Casey measured road cuts that need repaired. We are waiting on the grant before doing anything further.
- Cold patching on Atkinson.
- The Board would like Casey to spray tonight for the Holiday.
- Few lawn violations need addressed.
- Two trees on State need to be looked at. Duke thinks they are dead. Casey will go down and look at them.
- Report to be submitted.
- Several cars need tagged.
- A lot of fires lately. The house on Sunshine has issues with things that need updated. The owner would like to fix it up before we start condemnation. The stoves and cabinets are being held up with 2x4’s.
Town Attorney: (Becky Goddard)
- Becky talked to the Board about what to do with the house on Sunshine. Rick would like to make it inhabitable until it is brought up to code and our building commissioner has signed off on it. Becky thinks we need to file something in the court. Becky will start the process.
- NNCS deed went to Attorney Hoover. The have fulfilled their obligations to the Town.
- 4H Sports Fishing is asking for a donation for awards and equipment. Rick made a motion to donate $500. Duke seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
- Jaime Carlson Golf Outing is asking for $500. Rick made a motion to donate $500. Duke seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
- Morocco Elementary is asking for a donation for a new program called Leader in Me. The Board asked that they come to the next meeting and explain the program.
- Last month we tabled the donation request for North Newton Athletic Department. Mr. Taylor came back to the meeting tonight asking for a $2,000 donation. Rick made a motion to donate $2,000 and Duke seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
William Oliver on State St. attended the meeting. They are asking if it is ok to ride their gator in Town. Becky is going to get some info on golf carts ordinances and what the law is and bring it back to the next meeting. Dustin explained that a gator is different from a golf cart. Gators are considered ATV’s.
Next meeting is on Tuesday, August 7, 2018.
____________________ ___________________ _______________
Robert Gonczy Rick McCann Duke Gagnon