MOROCCO TOWN COUNCIL
July 2, 2019
Bob Gonczy opened the meeting at 7:00 P.M. Board Members present were Scott Hivley, Duke Gagnon and Treasurer Sherri Rainford and Town Employee Dustin Gary.
Turning Change into Opportunity
- Community Crossroads Grant- We had the bid opening on Friday, June 28 at 1:00p.m. We had 4 bidders that were all compliant. Walsh and Kelly was the lowest responsive bidder. Bob made a motion to accept the Notice of Award to Walsh and Kelly. Duke seconded. Motion passed 3-0. We will have a preconstruction with Walsh and Kelly meeting after we have a Notice to Proceed.
- Barney and JoAlice Belt attended the meeting about putting a light on their street. We contacted Nipsco and the cost for this new light and pole is around $3800. Bob made a motion to do the light project on Beaver St. Duke seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
- Mike Swiader from the Amateur Radio Association attended the meeting. He presented the Board with a packet of what they do. They are going to be going to the Jasper/Newton Foundation to see about getting a grant for a building. They would like to keep the building in Morocco. They are asking if the Town would donate some of the land behind the Lion’s Club. They need a couple of acres for their building. This building would be for classes and HAM Radio testing. Becky asked the Board to let her do some research and come back with some options next month. Duke will take the lead on this property.
- Jim Hough brought a proposal to demolish the Kennedy and Molden properties. The total to take down Kennedy is $6,000. The total to take down the Molden property is $9700. There will be an additional cost of $2000 for dirt and sand. Bob made a motion to table the demolishing bids. Duke seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
- Nick McCann attended the meeting. He was asked by the Board to come back to the July meeting with a plan to clean up his property. He has done some work on his porch. After the scrap is removed he will be ready for a dumpster. The Board asked him to come to the August meeting with another report.
- Tree Removal- a list is being made a part of these minutes.
- We have a quote for Paul Craft for repair at the park.
- Blight Program- We will be moving forward soon.
- Brush Pile behind the Lions Club is getting huge. We need to come up with a plan for when people put there brush they put it where it needs to go. Scott thinks that putting signs up is a good idea.
- MCO Report-We need to repair a pump at lift station 3. FJF quoted us a price of $1000-$1500. Scott made a motion to repair the pump and Duke seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
- OCRA Water Tower Grant- We has a public hearing on June 26. Everything is ready to be submitted.
- The Board met with Mr. Jack Constenaro. He is looking at purchasing the old JB Equipment building on Polk St.
Clerk Treasurer’s Report
- Scott made a motion to approve the June claims and Bob seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
- Duke made a motion to approve the June 4, 2019 minutes. Scott seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
- .Bob made a motion to extend
- Sherri asked the Board to have more than her name on the accounts at the bank. Melissa does the daily deposits and sometimes handles transfers. Duke made a motion to add Bob and Melissa to the signature card. Scott seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
Street Department – Casey
Town Marshal- Report to be submitted
- Report submitted
Town Attorney: (Becky Goddard)
Mike Chaolos owns property on Main St. Becky had previously sent him a letter to clean up his lot. He said he would have it cleaned up tomorrow.
Mashino property on State St. is getting cleaned up.
NN Retirement Homes- Bob made a motion to table the donation. Duke seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
Carlson Golf Outing- Bob made a motion to donate $300. Duke seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
Mike Rieck house we will file a lawsuit. It is a mess and nothing has been done with clean up.
Next meeting is on Tuesday, August 6, 2019
____________________ ___________________ _______________
Robert Gonczy Duke Gagnon Scott Hivley