MOROCCO TOWN COUNCIL
June 5, 2018
Bob Gonczy opened the meeting at 7:00 P.M. Board Members present were Bob Gonczy, Duke Gagnon, Clerk Treasurer Sherri Rainford, and Casey Ehlinger.
Turning Change into Opportunity
- MCO Report- A copy of the report is being made a part of these minutes.
- Water Tower the Town is going after an OCRA Wastewater /Drinking Water Grant. Duke made a motion to enter into an agreement with KIRPC to submit a grant on our behalf. Bob seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
- Community Crossroads Grant- Met with Matt Kaiser. He is an engineer with Abonmarche. He will help us complete the paving grant. This grant is called a Community Service Crossing Grant. Matt gave us a professional agreement with. This agreement is for $3500. Duke made a motion to accept the professional agreement and Bob seconded.
- Town Wide Clean up-Next year we will state that there will be no construction materials to be put in the dumpsters.
- Mulch is down at the park.
- Jeff Klisak has purchased the old hotel.
Clerk Treasurer: (Sherri Rainford)
- Duke made a motion to approve the May claims. Bob seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
- Duke made a motion to approve the minutes from the May meeting. Bob seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
- Cold patching will be starting. The large cuts will not be cold patch.
- Mowing letters were sent out.
- Mosquito spraying has begun.
- Report to be submitted.
Town Attorney: (Becky Goddard)
- Becky will send a letter to Lucy Lawrence about the condition of her property. Becky will follow through with sending her a letter with a copy of the nuisance ordinance.
- Jessica Hoover called about the deed for the NNCS building. Becky will take care of it. They have paid us all the money owed on the building.
- Becky has concerned about the burning of the old hotel.
- River Church- Asking for a donation for FamFest on June 30. Duke made a motion to donate $500. Bob seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
- United Church of Morocco- They would like a $500 for youth in Morocco. They will be using the pool and the park. Duke made a motion, Bob seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
- North Newton Athletics- Mr. Taylor submitted a donation letter in the amount of $2000. This money will be used for Athletic passes for the students. Bob sustained from the donation request. Due to Rick being absent, we had to table the donation request until the July 3, 2018 meeting.
- NNEC- They would like a donation of $300 for the Commercial Building for the Fair. Duke made a motion to give the donation. Bob seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
Janine Butler came to the meeting asking the Board to look at a survey she had done. She would like to put up a fence. The Town’s trees are hanging over her property. She is asking the Town to either trim the trees or take them down. Bob will call Gary Wiseman and see what can be done.
Next meeting is on Tuesday, July 3 , 2018.
____________________ ___________________ _______________
Robert Gonczy Rick McCann Duke Gagnon