Morocco Town Board Meeting
Tuesday, June 1, 2021
The meeting was called to order at 7:00p.m. Attending the meeting were Board Members: Bob Gonczy and Duke Gagnon. Clerk Treasurer Sherri Rainford, Town employees Dustin Gary and Brian Vanderwall were also in attendance.
- Attorney Candace Armstrong and business owner Steve Duensing from Wholesome Hide attended the meeting. Candance presented the Board with a Confirmatory Resolution. This resolution is for Wholesome Hides tax abatement. Duke made a motion to accept the resolution and Bob seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
- Cold Storage Building- In progress.
- Police truck is done, and Dustin is loving it.
- Summer Mowers still need to be hired.
- David had asked about his waived permit fees at last meeting. Duke made a motion to pay David these fees and Bob seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
- Wheatfield Grain talked to Bob about donating a piece of property to the Town.
- Randy Decker, Brady Decker, and Aaron Flowers attended the meeting from MCO. Randy spoke on the need for the Town to upgrade the telemetry. The cost for fiber optics is $80,500. When we get our CRF money. We will revisit this. Also, we have been losing water at the plant. Randy will call M. E. Simpson and see if they come out and look at a main by Dollar General.
- Duke made a motion for Aaron to purchase a pump at lift station 3 for $7361. Bob seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
- Bob made a motion to approve the minutes from the May 2021 meeting. Duke seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
- Bob made a motion to approve the clams from May. Duke seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
- Dustin submitted his monthly report to the Board. A copy is being attached to the minutes.
- Dustin gave a brief report on Beaverfest. Everything went well.
Town Attorney Becky Goddard
- The purchase agreement and all documents for the Main Street Bakery are ready for closing. Sherri will get ahold of Dusty and Casey Williams and set up a closing.
- Kevin Madison is wanting answers on the old hotel property. Becky said that we need to do a request for proposal. Bob will contact Kevin and see if he is interested in doing this. If Kevin is not interested, we will just pay him what he has invoice the town previously for. We will also have to do this for the lots on West St.
- Dan Blaney gave the Board a package. It is information regarding dividing property the Garmong property on 350 S. Becky took the information and will take it under advisement.
- Dan Blaney is representing US Rubber in the lawsuit. Dan told Becky that it will be cleaned up right away. Becky said Dan has thirty days to respond to the court.
- The Newton County Queen Contest asked for a donation. Duke made a motion to give them $200. Bob seconded. Motion passes 2-0.
Meeting adjourned at 8:30p.m.