MOROCCO TOWN COUNCIL
April 4, 2017
Bob Gonczy opened the meeting at 7:00 P.M. Board Members present are Duke Gagnon, Rick McCann and Clerk Treasurer Sherri Rainford was also present. Town Marshal Dustin Gary was also in attendance.
Turning Change Into Opportunity
- Merrillville Awning gave bids for awnings for 206 E State St., and the Town Hall. Bob made a motion for Duke to proceed with the awnings. Rick seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
- TJ Firkins will start the video at the Easter Egg Hunt.
- Wide Clean Up is set for May 6, 2017. Sherri has ordered the dumpsters.
Clerk Treasurer: (Sherri Rainford)
- Rick made a motion to approve the March claims. Duke seconded. Motion passed 3-0
- Duke made a motion to approve the minutes from the March meeting. Rick seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
- Sherri and Dustin are organizing a beer and wine garden for Homecoming on May 27. Sherri asked the Board to $450 for the DJ. Rick made a motion to approve the cost of the DJ. Duke seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
- Report to be submitted.
- Dustin has a list of vehicles that need to be tagged. He has been making contact with people.
- Dustin would like a stop sign at the Dollar General Store. We read a resolution and approved stop signs on Athlone and Michigan exciting the Dollar Store.
- Dustin would like to paint the garage door at the police station before Homecoming.
- The Recher Park pavilion needs painted. The vandalism needs to be removed. Dustin will get community service workers to help with it.
- Dustin would like to purchase a golf cart. The Board asked Dustin to come back with quotes.
- Dustin is asking that Tom Lloyd be put on the reserve list. The Board would like to meet him first.
Town Attorney: (Jacob Taulman)
- Jacob will send out letters to Fagan Properties and Judy Maggio regarding the clean-up of their properties.
Planning Commission (absent)
- The old Fagen building needs to be addressed. Jacob will send them a letter.
Projects Unlimited $500
Morocco Elementary Camp Tecumseh $500
North Newton Retirement Homes $500
Rich Rutledge Memorial Drive- $200
Duke made a motion to donate. Rick seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
Ashley McCaw- Attended the meeting regarding her fine about putting up a shed without a permit. She got fined $425. She is asking the Board for forgiveness on her fines. The Board told her we will give her 14 days to get the property cleaned up. If Dustin feels that it is cleaned up properly then we will waive the fees.
Next meeting is on Tuesday, May 2, 2017.
____________________ ___________________ _______________
Robert Gonczy Rick McCann Duke Gagnon