MOROCCO TOWN COUNCIL
March 7, 2017
Bob Gonczy opened the meeting at 7:00 P.M. Board Members present are Duke Gagnon, Rick McCann and Clerk Treasurer Sherri Rainford was also present.
Turning Change Into Opportunity
- We went and looked at the Bob Goddard property. We will be cleaning it up and take out a few trees.
- Meet with TJ Firkins about a promotional video of Morocco. Bob will be putting a calendar together. The first thing shot will be the Easter Egg Hunt.
- Aaron Flowers from MCO spoke to the Board. A copy of this report is being made a part of these minutes.
Clerk Treasurer: (Sherri Rainford)
- Duke made a motion to approve the February claims. Rick seconded. Motion passed 3-0
- Rick made a motion to approve the minutes from the February meeting. Duke seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
- Duke made a motion to adopt resolution 03-03-17. It gives Sherri the authority to pay claims and make transfers as needed. Rick seconded. Motion passed 3-0. Jacob is still working on the other resolutions.
- Sherri asked the Board if she can purchase a new computer. She is having issues with hers. The board told her to get what she needed.
Town Marshal (absent)
- Report to be submitted.
Town Attorney: (Jacob Taulman) (absent)
Planning Commission (Mike Williamson) (absent)
Kyle Christenson attended the meeting. He is representing the Lion’s Club. He wants to rebuild a basketball courts down by the pool. They are asking for a donation for the project. The Board will pledge $3500. If he needs more money to finish the basketball project the Board said for him to come back.
Rick made a motion to put in a GAGA pit in at the Town Park. Duke seconded. Motion passed 3-0. Bob and Diane Gonczy will take charge of this.
Diane Gonczy from the Newton County Drug Coalition attended the meeting. She wanted to make sure that Dustin was aware of the Newton County Drug Take Back Program. She left flyers for Dustin.
The North Newton Spartan baseball Team asked the Board for a donation for the e new back stop. Duke made a motion to give a donation up to $3500. Rick seconded. Bob sustained from the vote due to a conflict of interest. Motion passed 2-0.
Next meeting is on Tuesday, April 4, 2017.
____________________ ___________________ _______________
Robert Gonczy Rick McCann Duke Gagnon