MOROCCO TOWN COUNCIL
May 2, 2017
Bob Gonczy opened the meeting at 7:00 P.M. Board Members present are Duke Gagnon, Rick McCann and Clerk Treasurer Sherri Rainford was also present. Town Marshal Dustin Gary was also in attendance.
Turning Change Into Opportunity
· Wide Clean Up is set for May 6, 2017. Sherri has ordered the dumpsters. Dustin has community service workers lined up to help.
· The Board will meet with Dennis to get a sidewalk plan. The sidewalk in front of the Town hall needs to be replaced also. Duke got a bid for that today.
· Gary Wiseman came and took down trees. Gary needs to come back and grind the stumps.
· Aaron Flowers from MCO has submitted a report on the Water and Sewer Plants. A copy of this report will be made part of these minutes. There were several items that need purchased to complete the Sewer Grant Project. The agreed to pay for the extra items. A copy of the items is being made a part of the minutes.
Clerk Treasurer: (Sherri Rainford)
· Duke made a motion to approve the April claims. Bob seconded. Motion passed 2-0
· Duke made a motion to approve the minutes from the April meeting. Bob seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
· Report to be submitted.
· Dustin has a list of vehicles that need to be tagged. He has been making contact with people.
· Dustin has three different quotes for a golf cart. Dustin has a quote for 2012 for $3000. Duke made a motion to purchase the golf cart. Bob seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
Town Attorney: (Jacob Taulman)
· Jacob will send out letters to Fagan Properties and Judy Maggio regarding the clean-up of their properties.
Planning Commission (absent)
Cathy & Joe Witzoet that own the trailer park on Grove St. came to the meeting. They had received a letter on cleaning up their property. They wanted to make sure that the property is cleaned up to the Town’s satisfaction. The Board commended them on their clean up. It looks a lot better.
Paul Craft put in a building permit that was declined. The problem is the property line is mystery. David is going to go out and check somethings out.
Brenda & Robert Edison attended the Board meeting. She had a metal roof put on her house and her garage is not metal. She also did not apply for a permit. They are planning on doing the roof just not in the 30 day time frame. They Board asked them to get it done in the next 60 days. If not they will come back.
Next meeting is on Tuesday, June 6, 2017.
____________________ ___________________ _______________
Robert Gonczy Rick McCann Duke Gagnon