MOROCCO TOWN COUNCIL
May 1, 2018
Bob Gonczy opened the meeting at 7:00 P.M. Board Members present were Bob Gonczy, Rick McCann, Duke Gagnon and Clerk Treasurer Sherri Rainford. The Board would like to congratulate Dustin on the birth of his son, Cash.
Turning Change into Opportunity
- Town Wide Clean up- Dumpsters are ordered. We will have a dumpster just for scrap.
- MCO Report- A copy of the report is being made a part of these minutes.
- Beaverfest Memorial Day weekend! Bob will get with Greg from the paper to get details to the paper.
- We cut down the trees as discussed in last month’s meeting.
- Rick made a motion to purchase a low pressure switch for $1400. Duke seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
- Water Tower- We hired Dixson Engineering to look at the water tower. Are we going to do this in phases? What do we need to get it up to speed? He has given Randy a proposal. Randy will meet with him and come back to the Board.
Clerk Treasurer: (Sherri Rainford)
- Rick made a motion to approve the April claims. Duke seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
- Rick made a motion to approve the minutes from the April meeting. Duke seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
- Flushing hydrants are competed.
- Cut Away/ widened Curb @ NN Retirement home on Clay St.
- Cleared trash/debris from roadway leading into town.
- A 4x8 trailer for watering flowers.
- Purchased round up.
- Sand volleyball pit is tilled.
- Flower pots are ready to go.
- Mowing has started.
- Prepping for Town Wide Cleanup Day.
- A leak was discovered at Dave Gagnon’s property. It is on the Town side.
- Waiting to burn behind the Lions Club.
- Casey is now a category 8 mosquito sprayer.
- Report to be submitted.
Town Attorney: (Becky Goddard)
Riley property update- The Board will take the property not pay for it. Her attorney will talk to her. Becky will send a letter to her attorney with the nuisance ordinance and invite her to a meeting.
Next meeting is on Tuesday, June 6, 2018.
____________________ ___________________ _______________
Robert Gonczy Rick McCann Duke Gagnon