MOROCCO TOWN COUNCIL
May 15, 2019
Bob Gonczy opened the meeting at 7:00 P.M. Board Members present were Scott Hivley, Duke Gagnon and Treasurer Sherri Rainford. Town employees, Casey Ehlinger, and Dustin Gary were also in attendance.
Turning Change into Opportunity
- Community Crossroads Grant- They asked Bob if we had a place to put the grindings. We also need to remove the sidewalk on the corner of Walker and State.
- The Wastewater Grant site visit is this Monday, May 20 at 3:30p.m.
- MCO’s report is being made a part of these minutes.
- Scott was so happy with the way things went for Harriet’s dedication this past Saturday.
- Duke made a motion to enter into an agreement with Evapar for a yearly service agreement. Scott seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
Clerk Treasurer’s Report
- Duke made a motion to approve the April claims and Scott seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
- Duke made a motion to approve the April 2, 2019 minutes. Scott second. Motion passed 3-0.
- Scott made a motion to approve the April 8, 2019 Special meeting minutes. Duke seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
Street Department – Casey
- Town Wide Cleanup Day went well. Casey is asking for set hours for Cleanup Day. Casey thinks that we need to have six dumpsters next year.
- Worked on Kessler Park
- Grated alley ways
Town Marshal- Report to be submitted
- Report submitted
Town Attorney: (Becky Goddard)
Becky got a court order on May 10, 2019 for the Kennedy Property. We should own it soon. We are just waiting on the auditor to send the deed.
Karen Williams from UMC Church of Morocco is asking for a donation for Vacation Bible School is doing a Community Bible School. They are asking for a donation to help fund Bible School. Scott made a motion to approve the donation for $1000 and Duke seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
The Newton County Leadership Class is asking for a donation for a scholarship. Duke made a motion to donate and Scott seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
The Newton County Queen Committee is asking for a donation for the 100th Anniversary of the Fair. Scott made a motion to donate $250 and Duke seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
Nick McCann attended the meeting asking for an extension on his letter to clean up his property on Walnut St. The Board told Nick that he has to come to the July 2nd meeting and report to the Board what his progress is.
Next meeting is on Tuesday, June 4, 2019
____________________ ___________________ _______________
Robert Gonczy Duke Gagnon Scott Hivley