Morocco Town Board Meeting
Tuesday, May 5, 2021
The meeting was called to order at 7:00p.m. Attending the meeting were Board Members: Duke Gagnon ad Scott Hivley. Clerk Treasurer Sherri Rainford, Town employees Dustin Gary and Brian Vanderwall were also in attendance.
- Attorney Candace Armstrong and business owner Steve Duensing from Wholesome Hide attended the meeting. They are asking for tax abatement for his business located on State St. Candace explained to the Board that we first needed to pass a resolution of a designated economic revitalization area. Scott made a motion to accept the Resolution 2021-5-4-1. Duke seconded. Motion passed 2-0. They next step is for us to publish in the newspaper. Becky will let Sherri know who to send the letters to. They will come back next meeting and the Board will approve or deny the request.
- Cold Storage Building- Brian said that BJ Miller will start tomorrow if the license and registration from Don Shue is on file with the County.
- Town Wide Clean Up went well. All dumpsters were used.
- Police truck should be done any day.
- Brian will hire two part time mowers as needed.
- Aaron gave his MCO report. He asked the Board for $4753 for FJF to fix broken sludge wasting pipes. Scott made a motion to move forward with FJF and Duke seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
- Scott made a motion to approve the minutes from the April, 2021 meeting. Duke seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
- Scott made a motion to approve the clams from April. Duke seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
- David asked Sherri to pay him permit fees for fees that were waived on three permits. Scott made a motion to table the discussion until all three board members could discuss. Duke seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
- Dustin asked the Board about possibly rewriting the Firework’s Ordinance. He is having trouble with people lighting off fireworks at all times. Duke asked Dustin to get copies of other town’s and bring something back to the board.
- Dustin spoke with the resident across from the Methodist Church. He is complaining that people are rutting up his yard. Dustin asked if we could possibly take up the grass and fill in with gravel.
- The camper is still parked in front of Ulm’s on State St. Dustin is supposed to go down after the meeting and see why it isn’t being moved.
Town Attorney Becky Goddard
- The purchase agreement and all documents for the Main Street Bakery are ready for closing. Becky will contact them with a closing date and Sherri will represent the Town.
- Kevin Madison’s attorney contacted Becky about the purchase agreement. Kevin wants the Town to pay for the title work and closing fees. Duke made a motion for Becky to amend the agreement and have the Town pay the costs so we can move forward. Scott seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
- Becky presented the board with a livestock ordinance. Scott made a motion to accept the ordinance 2021-5-4-2. Scott seconded. Motion passed 2-0. There now can be no livestock 700 feet from a water or sewer line.
- Becky will file a nuisance lawsuit for the US Rubber Company. Becky said we need to get David to start fining and ticketing them daily.
- Becky asked for a check for Ned Tonner. He is the attorney representing the sellers at 705 E. State St. Once Becky gets the signed release we can set up a closing and move forward with the demolition.
- Becky presented the Board with ordinance 2021-5-4-3. This ordinance is for establishing American Recovery Funds. Scott made a motion to accept the ordinance and Duke seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
- Bill Rowe and Tim Myers attended the meeting. Bill will be purchasing the 6 lots in the Glenwood subdivision. He will be the developer. The town will be selling the lots to bill for $80,000. Becky will research ways to sell the lots in a way that will be acceptable to SBOA.
- The River Church, the United Church, and the Methodist Church are having a joint bible school in June. They asked the Board for a donation. Scott made a motion to give a total of $750. Duke seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
- Taylor asked for a donation for an end of year dinner for the teachers. Sherri explained that the school corporation has not accepted our donations in the past, Scott made a motion to decline the donation request and Duke seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
- Dustin asked the board for a donation of $2500 for the Beaver fest. The Board said at the previous meeting we said that we would match Beaver Township’s donation. They donated $1050 Scott made a motion to donate $1050 to Beaver fest. Duke seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
Meeting adjourned at 8:15p.m.