MOROCCO TOWN COUNCIL
November 7, 2017
Bob Gonczy opened the meeting at 7:00 P.M. Board Members present are Duke Gagnon, Rick McCann, and Clerk Treasurer Sherri Rainford were also present. Town Marshal Dustin Gary was also in attendance.
Turning Change into Opportunity
- MCO presented the Board with a monthly report.
- Kristen Hoskins contacted Bob about Jumpy Man’s tax abatement. We need to find out if we are doing it right. Sherri will check with Becky.
- Kevin Pence has purchased the lot from Morocco Finer Foods.
- Charlie Kennedy contacted Rick about having the Town guys going down and moving the barricades at the old IGA parking lot. Bob will take care of it.
- Tree lighting-We have a tree at Miller’s property. They want the stump grinded. The toys have been ordered. Paula Goddard is doing pictures. Everything is going to be at the Hickman building.
- Casey has been cleaning up the sledding hill.
- We have advertised position for full time. Bob made a motion to move Casey Ehlinger from full time to part time. Duke seconded. Motion passed 2-1
Clerk Treasurer: (Sherri Rainford)
- Rick made a motion to approve the October claims. Duke seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
- Bob made a motion to approve the minutes from the October meeting. Duke seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
- Report to be submitted.
Town Attorney: (Becky Goddard)
- Becky presented the Board with a Mirror Resolution 11-7-17. This resolution is for 205 E. State St, 214 E State St, 311 N. Lincoln, and 212 W. State St. This will give Becky the authority to get the deeds on these properties and do the publications. Duke made a motion to approve the resolution and Duke seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
- Becky and Pat have looked over the Town’s nuisance ordinance. Becky gave the Board a copy of the County’s Ordinance and bring it back next month. Becky would like to see a newer ordinance with more teeth in it. Rick would like her to come back to next month’s meeting with a draft.
Tom Szewcyk attended the meeting. He thinks we need to give an occupancy permit and inspections for all renters. He feels like this will help stop accidents.
Mike Williamson recommends that the Board accept William Carey to the Planning Commission. Duke made a motion to accept the recommendation and Rick seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
Beaver Township turned in an application for a pole barn. The Planning Commission told Mindy that it needs to be zoned commercial. The Board would like to see them be able to put this structure up. The Board recommends that David approves the building permit.
would like to see a light put in his alley. Dustin said what about a motion light.
Shop with a Cop- Duke made a motion to give them $500. Rick seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
Next meeting is on Tuesday, December 5, 2017.
____________________ ___________________ _______________
Robert Gonczy Rick McCann Duke Gagnon