MOROCCO TOWN COUNCIL
November 5, 2019
Duke Gagnon opened the meeting at 7:00 P.M. Board Members present were Scott Hivley, Treasurer Sherri Rainford, Dustin Gary and Town Employee Brian Vanderwall was also in attendance.
Turning Change into Opportunity
- Duke opened the meeting with a Public Hearing .This hearing is for the Blight Clearance Grant. This grant will help the demolition of three properties in Town. The proposal will be submitted in January. We will have to have another Public Hearing before we submit the Grant. Duke asked for any public expression. Vicki Carlson asked what exactly the Grant was. Edwin explained the grant and the process. Edwin said we will have to declare each property blighted. He handed out a form that OCRA requires. Becky is familiar with what is needed. Engineers have until November 25, 2019 to send in proposals.
- The family of Larry Bingham sent the Board a thank you note for the $1,000 donation to the American Legion in Larry’s memory from the Town.
- Duke made a motion to accept Mike Williamson’s resignation letter for the Planning Commission. Scott seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
- Tree Lighting will be on Saturday, November 30, 2019. The Morocco Grade School kids will come up on Tuesday, November 26, 2019 to put ornaments on the tree.
- Aaron presented the Board with the MCO report.
Clerk Treasurer’s Report
- Scott made a motion to approve the October claims claims and Duke seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
- Scott made a motion to approve the October 1, 2019 minutes. Scott seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
Town Marshal- Report to be submitted
- Report submitted
- Dustin has been working on the fire investigation of the old Mexican restaurant.
Town Attorney: (Becky Goddard)
Once the judge signs off on 206 E. State St., and 311 N. Lincoln St. they will be the Town’s.
The new pastor of the River Church, Jason Cowan came and said thank you for the donation that we gave last month for the Fall Festival.
Nikki Kimbrell came and explained all the Christmas Plans for the Tree Lighting. There are many fun activities planned. The Board is excited and glad that Nikki is coming up with all these fun ideas.
The amateur radio guys attended the meeting. They have a petition that people signed to have the Town give the Hamm radio organization some land that the Town owns behind the Lion’s Club approximately 2 acres. Scott made a motion to table the request and Duke seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
Dustin presented the Board with a donation request for Shop with a Cop. Scott made a motion to give $500 for Shop with a Cop. Duke seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
We will be setting a special meeting for Economic Development on Tuesday, October 8 at 7:00p.m.
____________________ ___________________ _______________
Robert Gonczy Duke Gagnon Scott Hivley