MOROCCO TOWN COUNCIL
October 4, 2018
Bob Gonczy opened the meeting at 7:00 P.M. Board Members present were Rick McCann, and Clerk Treasurer Sherri Rainford. Town employees, Casey Ehlinger, and Dustin Gary were also in attendance. Also in coming Town Board Member Scott Hivley was in attendance.
Turning Change into Opportunity
- Halloween hours are Wednesday, October 31 from 5-7p.m.
- Congrats to Sherri Rainford for Influential Women award in Government.
- Community Crossroads Grant has been submitted.
- Employee Handbook is complete.
- MCO report- Being made a part of these minutes.
Clerk Treasurer: (Sherri Rainford)
- Rick made a motion to approve the September claims. Bob seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
- Rick made a motion to approve the minutes from the September meeting. Bob seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
- Rick made a motion to adopt the 2019 Conservancy and Town Budget. Bob seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
- Sherri told the Board that her and Duke will be getting a toy list together for the tree lighting. We also need new bulbs for the tree. Casey will take an inventory on the lights.
Street Department. - Casey
- Finished water meter lids.
- Finished exercising valves.
- Water sealed 206 E. State and 208 E. State St.
- Graveling alleys.
Town Marshal- Report to be submitted.
Town Attorney: (Becky Goddard)
- Jennifer Molden who owns the house on 201 E. Beaver St. has not complied with the letter to get the property up to code. Bob made a motion to move forward with the complaint. Rick seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
- Resolution for Title 6 -Becky has prepared a resolution for the Title 6. This ordinance is 2018-10-1. Rick made a motion to adopt the Resolution. Bob seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
- We have an issue with 206 E. State St. Becky will get with the Title Company and do a title search and will probably have to do a quiet title action. Rick made a motion for Becky to proceed and Bob seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
- Golf Cart Ordinance- Becky presented a proposed Golf Cart Ordinance. The Board agreed to table the Ordinance until next month.
- Becky has prepared a quit claim deed for 208 E. State St. This will take the property out of the Town’s name and into the Morocco Economic Development.
- Becky gave an update on the four tax sale properties. Some are moving along faster than others. Becky is still pursing these properties for the Town.
Planning Commission (David Hoaks)
- We have a person on Walnut St. that put a 6 foot fence without a permit. The fencing does not meet our requirements. David has tried several times to make contact.
- There are several people that have been doing work without a permit. David will be fining these people for not getting a permit.
David Hoaks has a lien on the Moore property that he purchased on a tax sale. He would like the property lien of $349.25 waived. Bob made a motion to waive the lien and Rick seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
Mrs. Cripe, Principal of Morocco Elementary asked if the Town could put the volleyball net on the school playground. The school has purchased the net and supplies. Dustin and Bob will help with this.
Next meeting is on Monday, November 5, 2018.
____________________ ___________________ _______________
Robert Gonczy Rick McCann Duke Gagnon