MOROCCO TOWN COUNCIL
October 1, 2019
Bob Gonczy opened the meeting at 7:00 P.M. Board Members present were Scott Hivley, Duke Gagnon and Treasurer Sherri Rainford, Dustin Gary and new Town Employee Brian Vanderwall was also in attendance.
Turning Change into Opportunity
- Bob has been meeting with Jackie Spooner. She is doing a documentary on the similarity and differences between Morocco country and our Town of Morocco. She has interviewed several Morocco residents. This winter we are hoping to all get together and have a Moroccan feast.
- Jim Hough was hired to remove two houses in town. He is almost done. It is filled and grated. He will grate it and seed it. Brian will get the seed that is needed. All foundation is removed. Sherri will pay Jim when completed.
- Paving is going well. They should have one more day to be completed. A new grant opens in January 2020.
- Follow up to Water Tower Grant. We did not get the grant for the second time. We are not going to reapply because we are going to apply for the blight grant. This grant is for purchasing a blighted property, tearing it down, and then reseeding it. It has to be kept in that condition for five years. Things there are lots of things that have to be done. The local match is 10%. There are three properties in town that we want to go after. Becky is going to take the lead for the town on this. Shaun Wynn spoke on the Old Hotel. He has purchased the house next door. Shaun said that he has killed rodents, and it is just an eye sore. He would town to take action on the property as soon as possible.
- Dan and Bill Blaney attended the meeting. They have been working with Becky on donating the Lion’s Club to the Town. Becky and Dan will talk more.
- Crystal Galvan attended the meeting. She does not want to renew her lease. She would like to move out on November 1, 2019. She has purchased another building on State St.
- Clerk Treasurer’s Report
- Bob made a motion to approve the September claims and Duke seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
- Bob made a motion to approve the September 3, 2019 minutes. Scott seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
- Sherri asked for the 2020 Conservancy and Town Budget adoption. Duke makes a motion to adopt the Budgets and Scott seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
- Trick or Treat hours will be on Thursday, October 31 for 5-7p.m.
Town Marshal- Report to be submitted
- Report submitted
Town Attorney: (Becky Goddard)
We are going to have to adopt a Conflict Waiver. Scott made a motion to adopt the waiver and Duke seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
Bob asked how we go about selling some empty town lots. We want to sell these as the Morocco Economic Development Board. We will give Becky the list to be transferred and she will get back to the board.
Becky sent a letter to 705 E. State St. The property needs mowed and brought up to code.
Street Superintendent Report
- Paving going as expected
Donation request: The River Church. They are having a Fall Fest on October 19, 2019. They are asking for a $500 donation. Duke made a motion to donate and Scott seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
We will be setting a special meeting for Economic Development on Tuesday, October 8 at 7:00p.m.
Scott Deneau has an Elm tree in his front yard that he would like taken down. Bob said if we can get more money in the tree budget his tree will be one that is looked at.
____________________ ___________________ _______________
Robert Gonczy Duke Gagnon Scott Hivley