MOROCCO TOWN COUNCIL
September 4, 2018
Bob Gonczy opened the meeting at 7:00 P.M. Board Members present were Duke Gagnon, and Clerk Treasurer Sherri Rainford. Town employees, Melissa Pass, and Dustin Gary were also in attendance. Also in coming Town Board Member Scott Hivley was in attendance.
Turning Change into Opportunity
- Bob opened the meeting with a public hearing at 7:00p.m. for our OCRA Water/Wastewater Grant. Edwin Buswell, from KIRPC attended the meeting. This grant is for a 400,000 grant with a local match of $100,000. Proposal goes in on October 5, 2018. This is the first of two public hearings. We are going to go in and clean the interior and paint the exterior if we are awarded the grant. Utility Board President, Steve Howell, is concerned about the rust on the tank. It seems to get worse every 6 months. Duke made a motion to close the Public Hearing at 7:15p.m.
- Community Cross Roads Grant- Duke made a motion to pay the invoice of $1500 pending that we get the final draft is competed. Bob seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
- Employee Handbook is 90% done. He would like to sit down with the Board and get it completed.
- MCO report is being made a part of these minutes.
- NN versus KV at Morocco gym on December 15, 2018. They would like a donation of $500. Duke made a motion to donate and Bob second.
- Tree dedication for Mark Davis and Harriet Webb will be soon.
- The side walk across from the post office will be replaced and a flower planter will be installed.
- Sherri will encumber the money for paving for 2018 to be used for the CCR grant in 2019.
Clerk Treasurer: (Sherri Rainford)
- Duke made a motion to approve the August claims. Bob seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
- Duke made a motion to approve the minutes from the August meeting. Bob seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
- Sherri is working on the 2019 Salary Ordinance.
- A public Hearing was opened at 7:20p.m. on the 2019 Budget. There was no public comment. Public hearing was closed at 7:25p.m. The adoption of the 2019 budget will be adopted at the October 2, 2018 meeting.
Street Department.- (absent)
- Mowing everyday
- Cleaned holding pit
- Grating alleyways
- Filling holes
- Painting water meter lids
- Fixed water leak at Storey’s house
Town Attorney: (Becky Goddard) absent
Duke made a motion to acquire a quit claim deed for 206 and 208 E. State St. Bob seconded. Motion passed 2-0.
- See NN versus KV basketball game donation above.
William Oliver on State St. attended the meeting. They had questions on driving a gator in town. Becky brought some information on golf carts and off road vehicles. Becky brought the State statutes to the meeting with other Town’s Ordinance examples. Bob asked that we sit down with Dustin and come up with a compromise.
Next meeting is on Tuesday, October 2, 2018.
____________________ ___________________ _______________
Robert Gonczy Rick McCann Duke Gagnon