MOROCCO TOWN COUNCIL
September 3, 2019
Bob Gonczy opened the meeting at 7:00 P.M. Board Members present were Scott Hivley, Duke Gagnon and Treasurer Sherri Rainford, Dustin Gary and new Town Employee Brian Vanderwall.
Turning Change into Opportunity
- Bob opened the meeting with a Public Hearing at 7:00p.m on the 2020 Budget. There was no public comment. The public hearing was closed at 7:05p.m. The Conservancy Budget is being advertised at $72,500 and the Town Budget is being advertised for $509,488. We will adopt on October 1, 2019.
- Aaron gave his report. This report is being made a part of these minutes.
- The Town did not get the Water Tower Grant. Bob will meet with Gerry White and KIRPC on September 19.
Clerk Treasurer’s Report
- Scott made a motion to approve the August claims and Duke seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
- Duke made a motion to approve the August 6, 2019 minutes. Scott seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
Town Marshal- Report to be submitted
- Report submitted
Town Attorney: (Becky Goddard)
The former Molden property is now the Town’s.
Becky left a message for Mike Rieck. He has not gotten back to Becky.
The Bilbrey building at 206 E. State St. is taking a little longer. The judge has asked Becky to do a few extra steps. The property won’t be ready by October 1, 2019. Dustin is serving her papers. She attended the meeting and Becky gave her copies of everything. She is taking them to her attorney to loo over
The Kennedy property is still moving forward.
Bob asked Becky to look into the property on the south side of State and move forward with a lawsuit.
Dan and Bill Blaney came in to talk about the Lion’s Club. Dan said the Lions Club would be interested in deeding that building over to the Town. The board will table that for now and get back to Dan.
Bob made a motion not to pay any trees or 50/50 sidewalks bills unless the resident comes and gives the Town a written estimate first. Duke seconded. Motion passed 3-0.
The Board welcomed Brian Vanderwall. He is starting tomorrow. He is our new Street Superintendent.
____________________ ___________________ _______________
Robert Gonczy Duke Gagnon Scott Hivley